We are in the 21st century year 2021, the year that is full of hope, warmth, and expectations. However, even though the calendar year changed, a few things remained to be unchanged.
We as a woman did not stop apologizing for things we need not. For example, wearing what we want, reacting to a sexist joke, or standing up for a fellow woman.
Here is the compiled list of the things women should not apologize anymore for.
- Choosing their own career path: Whether you decide to become a bartender, a DJ, a lawyer, or a gym instructor – follow your passion unapologetically. We already apologize for our entire existence, at least dreams should be followed with an unapologetic heart.
- Not starting a new family: Women are constantly bogged down under pressure. First, they are pressurised to get married and then to start a new family! Give it a break. Whether you wish for motherhood or not should be completely your choice. So, stop apologizing for choosing to be childless.
- Not being lady-like: What is exactly lady-like? Well, who cares! If society is shaming you for being less lady-like – show it the middle finger and move on. Whether they comment about your walking style, sitting manner, choice of your clothes, or mannerism in general – do heck with them.
- Standing up for another female: Nothing is better than seeing a female standing up for another. When you know that the other woman in the picture is correct, stand up for her irrespective of what anyone says. You need not apologize for supporting the truth.
- Questioning everything: From the vulture that asks us to shut up to the society that doesn’t appreciate rebellious women – remember, you can question everything and everyone. It may irk a lot of people around you, sometimes even your family member but, you need not apologize for that at all.
- Earning more than your man: We are in the 21st century where gender roles are challenged every day by one person or the other! It is okay if you earn more than your spouse, it is not a big deal and certainly not worth apologizing.
- For living life: We are in a time when you can literally be shamed for anything – even if it means living independently. But, don’t pay any heed to such comments. An independent woman can rule the world and besides it contributes in the overall development of her personality.
Society has always been afraid of strong and fierce women. Women who question the belief system and reverse gender roles are often looked down upon on purpose. But, that doesn’t make them wrong.
Fix your crown girl, you need not apologize for existence!