Valentine’s day is the day of love, celebrated across the globe! However, I couldn’t help but notice how the sublime message of couples being only ‘male and female’ is being propagated everywhere. Whether it is a social media post, print advertisement, TV commercial, or a simple WhatsApp forward – somehow we have made valentine’s day a synonym to the day that is only for cisgender couples!
Honestly, it is disturbing to see how a huge community has been cut off and alienated. If this is the day of love, why is love being limited to these two genders?
This day can be a little tricky for non-binary couples. After all, where would they find inclusivity in celebration from?
So we decided to come up with inclusive gifting options (both tangible and intangible) that can make this V-Day an equal celebration for all of us!
Here are 5 ideas on how to celebrate your Valentine’s day
- Beauty and spa: If you both are into beauty and spa then this is for you. Take an appointment and indulge in a ravishing massage, beauty procedures, and relaxing spa on this Valentine. This will not only help you spend the time with your loved one but also let you indulge in some self-love.
- A house plate: If you have recently moved in with your partner a house plate that celebrates love could be a good idea. Phrases like – “LoveWins” or “NothingButLove” are not just cute but thought-provoking.
- Coming out: When you are in love, you wish to tell this to the whole world! What can be crazier than coming out in public with your partner on this day? This is brave, without a doubt but if you do it – it is a win-win for sure.
- Movie date: Movie dates are fun! Whether you decide to go out and watch a movie or stay in and binge on Netflix – the choice is yours. But, the experience of watching a movie with your partner is beautiful beyond measures. Do that if you have nothing else planned.
- The Pride keepsake: Whether it is a cute mug, pillow, hate, or anything else, something with Pride colors on it could be an amazing gift! Go ahead and search the shops online – we are sure you will find something of that sort! If not, customize one.
- Coming Out Month: People Who Mustered Courage To Accept Their Sexuality!
- Rights And Beliefs: LGBT Laws That You Must Be Aware Of In India!
- Know Your Transgender Terminologies
While these are some of the gifts please don’t shy away from experimenting. Irrespective of what the media and society tell you – this day is for everyone who is in love – you, me, he, she, them!