Solo travelling experience can be intimidating as well as liberating at the same time, especially for women. The first thing to tick off while making a list for women solo travellers is safety. Moreover, never in our lifetime, we imagined that we’ll have to stay confined to the four walls of our home. Two years have passed by, and the world is recovering slowly from the pandemic. Thanks to vaccinations, some countries are even opening for tourism.
Are you having a wanderlust withdrawal too?
Ladies, this is the right time to start planning for your next vacation. Don’t worry we have got you covered with an elaborate list of the safest countries to travel to for women solo travellers.
- Scandinavian or Nordic Countries- Scandinavian countries or more broadly termed Nordic countries are the countries located in Northern Europe. Scandinavia consists of Denmark, Norway and Sweeden along with Finland and Island makes them Nordic countries. Scandinavian countries always score top ranks when it comes to happiest countries or countries with the lowest crime rates and better work-life balance. They are known for their natural beauty.
Safety Index- Iceland and Denmark rank 1st and 3rd in Global Peace Index GPI whereas Denmark and Norway ranked 2nd and 3rd in safest countries of the world by perception with Sweeden and Finland being 6th and 7th respectively.
Things to see– Visit famous Norway fjords, Finland’s cleanest lakes, Sweden’s Ice Hotels and Island’s glaciers, geothermal area, lagoons and waterfalls.
Plan a summer visit for the phenomena known as midnight sun, when the sun never actually sets and experience the show of dancing northern lights in winters.
2. Switzerland – Do we even need to tell you that why you should visit Switzerland ASAP? Yash Chopra quite established our point 25 years ago. Spectacular scenic locations, crystal clear stunning lakes and mountains, mighty Alps, charming towns and villages, delicious chocolates and cheeses and top-class superlative public transport makes Switzerland your dream destination.
Safety Index- How lucky we are to exist in the times where Switzerland ranks top in the list of safest countries in the world ranked by perception. It also ranks 10 in the list of GPI.
Things to see– Lakes- Bachalpsee, Gelmersee, Brienz, CaumaseeMountains- Rigi, Schilthorn, Titlis, Harder KulmWaterfalls- Rhine, Trummelbach, ReichenbachTown- Zurich, Bern, Lugano, Lucerne, Ascona.
3. Canada– Canada, also nicknamed the Great White North is known for its expansive terrain, the Rockies, unending forest belt, natural wonders and great wilderness. The only thing that will stop you from exploring Canada is that there is so much to see that you need all the time in the world. It’s the second-largest country in the world.
Safety Index- Canada ranks fourth in the list of the world’s safest countries and holds 6th rank in GPI Index.
Things to see– The Canadian Rockies, Banff National Park,Niagara Falls,Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis)Yukon for Polar Bear spottingAlberta BadlandsOttawa, Toronto
4. Austria– Located in the heart of Europe, Austria is beauty, charm and elegance personified. One can never get over the gorgeousness of its Alpine ranges, pretty old-world villages and emerald lakes. Austria has a lot to offer to lovers of history, nature and stunning cities.
Safety Index– Austria ranks 4th in GPI and 10th in the safest countries in the world. Vienna, the capital of Austria has time and again has ranked first in the most liveable city in the world.
Things to see– Vienna for royal architecture, sumptuous palaces and their regal gardens.Wachau Valley for the vast vineyards and orchards.Salzburg for the birthplace of legend Mozart and the romance, music and art related to its history Hallstatt for its picturesque locales and for being a paradise for a writer, poet, painter or photographer.
5. New Zealand – Also known as the Middle Earth, thanks to picturesque locations where The Lord Of The Rings was shot, New Zealand is heaven on earth with its sweeping mountain vistas and rolling green hills. It’s also known for lofty snow-capped peaks, glaciers and adventure varied across the North Island and South Island.
Safety Index – Ranks 5th in safest countries of the world and second most peaceful country of the world.
Things to see- 1.Matamata- North Island- Hobbiton 2.Pick any from 13 National Park near to your location of the visit, all are unparalleled.3. Superior wines from the wineries of Auckland.4. Fox Glacier or Franz Joseph Glacier5. Cathedral Cove of Hahei featured in Narnia.6. Adventure Sports- NZ is the inventor of bungee jumping and there is no place safer than it for satiating your adrenaline rush.
The list is based on countries ranked according to the Global Peace Index and the top safest countries in the world ranked by perception.