As valentine’s week has kicked in, we are seeing brands and people celebrating each day of the week dedicated to something or the other. Today is the Promise Day. Ideally, this is the day for couples who would make promises to each other. Sweet isn’t it? But, hey! Love is for all, did we forget that? And how can we forget to love the first person we have ever been with? OURSELVES!
So, this promise day, date yourself and make promises that can last lifelong, quite literally! Here are the 6 amazing promises that you need to do to yourself right away.
- Promise to have no self trash talk: We as women have to go through a lot every single day. Be it breaking the glass ceiling or finding our ways out without being groped in public – negative self-talk is the last thing that you need in life. Remember, self-talk is good but trash talk isn’t. Be kind to everyone, especially yourself.
- Promise to uplift other women: We are scrutinized and labeled as jealous bitches all the time. It is time to break that stereotype. Be there to rescue a sis in need. Follow the damn sis code and adjust her tiara whenever needed. Make a promise to uplift her, anytime, anywhere.
- Promise to take care: While you juggle between the roles, make time for yourself. Take a promise that once in a week you will dedicate a day for yourself. There, you are going to simply do what you love. Be it cooking, eating, indulging in a hobby, or simply watching TV – no one is judging.
- Promise to stand up: Whether it is a simple derogatory comment that you receive at the bus stop or a sexist joke cracked in the office cubicle, promise to stand up for yourself and others. Go the extra mile to ensure that the wrongdoings are punished in whatever ways.
- Promise to follow your dreams: People will tell you that you need to adjust in life, do not listen. Make no compromise on your dreams and visions. Achieve them, conquer them. You owe that promise to yourself. Under no circumstances, you should be asked to choose between your dreams and something just because you are a woman.
- Promise not to make it us v/s them: I know the blood boils when we read tragic stories of what women are facing around the globe and yet you need to promise that you will not make this fight as men v/s women. Feminism is not about going against each other rather creating a safe space of co-existence.
This promise day, make another promise of keeping all these promises intact no matter what. The world needs fierce women who fight for what they believe in and trust in themselves.